- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cost Average budget
Slightly spray of pam
9 to tray
5 - 8 min in oven
Mix butter, sugar together, add egg
Mix dry ingredients, add to batter, add vanilla. place small balls onto cookie tray, flatten with fork dipped in water, cover with sliced almonds cook on wax paper
Do not double recipe makes lots
You'll also love
- Dutch Apple Crumbed Pie 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Grandma McKay's Oven Fried Rice 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Oatmeal Cookies 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Egg And Sugar Peanut Butter... 4.1/5 (6 Votes)
- Unbaked Chocolate Cookies 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Dutch tomato soup 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.