Rate this recipe 4/5 (6 Votes)
- 1 1/2 Ib ground beef; browned and drained
- 28 oz can tomatoes
- 3-5 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-4 potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown rice (opt)
- 1 tsp beef bouillon 2 T parsley
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 bay leaf
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Chop carrots, potatoes, and celery and add to large pan.
Add rest of ingredients and add water.
Best if served warm.
You'll also love
- Vegetarian Lasagna 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Creamy Crab Lettuce Wraps with... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Turkey Pot Pie 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- My Potato Leek Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef and Asparagus Stir Fried 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Hamburger Stew 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Lasagne 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe