Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1/2-1 c. chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4-5 potatoes, sliced or cubed
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Brown hamburger with celery and onions. Put in 4 qt. baking dish/roaster/crockpot.
Add all other ingredients and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until potatoes and carrots are done.
You'll also love
- Josh's Pizza Pizzas 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Dad's Homemade Chili Con Carne 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Chunky Chili 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Stewed plums 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Lamb Stew 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- slow cooker provencial stew 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Beef Stew 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe