slow cooker provencial stew
- 1 lb stew beef
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 lg sweet potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato & oregano dressing
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Toss meat with flour in slow cooker
add remaining ingredients stir
high for 4 - 6 hours
low for 6 - 8 hours
You'll also love
- Monday Night Meal 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Stuffed Green Peppers 3.8/5 (101 Votes)
- Yummy and Simple Chili Con Carne 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Hamburger 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Shepherd Pie 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Hungarian Goulash 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Croque Monsieur with Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Tomato and Gorgonzola Tart 4.1/5 (46 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!