Yummy and Simple Chili Con Carne
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 can brown beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 green pepper
- chili powder
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown hamburger in pot, using salt and pepper to taste. Add other spices if you want. When the hamburger is almost done, add onions and pepper. Keep cooking until hamburger is browned.
Once hamburger is browned, add the brown beans, kidney beans, tomato soup and chili powder. Turn down to medium heat and let simmer. When it's almost bubbling, it's done.
Serve with garlic bread, if desired.
You'll also love
- Pasta Salad with Mozzarella and Ham 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Sole and Roasted Vegetables 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Dave's Shepherds Pie 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Pistachio Cake 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Sami's Sweets 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Sloppy joes 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Mexican Bean Salad 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mr.Carter's Samoan Palusami 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.