Secret ingredients to sneak into your super smoothies
Want to supercharge your smoothie without affecting the taste? Sneak in extra goodness with these secret, totally healthy ingredients.
Rocky Balboa drank four raw eggs every morning as part of his training regime, but unless you are planning on winning a Heavyweight Championship title, you probably don't need to take it that far. So what's the deal with drinking raw eggs anyway? Well they are absolutely packed full of vitamins, essential fatty acids and stuff like lecithin and cholesterol (which is a good thing), and most importantly, protein which will keep you feeling fuller, longer. If the thought of drinking a slimy raw egg is putting you off, trust us, once it's blended into your smoothie you won't be able to taste it at all. It's the ultimate secret smoothie ingredient! Check out this recipe for a killer raw egg smoothie.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!