Diver Selected Scallops
- 10 large sea scallops
- 10 strips of bacon
- 8 oz clarified butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 4 egg yokes
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and diced
- pinches of salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- 10 toothpicks
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Lightly cook bacon. Allow to cool, wrap slices around scallops; use toothpicks to secure. Saute scallops in sesame oil & 2 oz butter, over moderate heat, 2-3 min per side.
For Sauce: combine egg yokes and remaining 6 oz butter in a skillet. whip vigorously until desired consistently. Slowly whip in seasonings and white wine vinegar. Add red bell pepper.
Top scallops with sauce and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!