Diver Selected Scallops
- 10 large sea scallops
- 10 strips of bacon
- 8 oz clarified butter
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 4 egg yokes
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper
- roasted and diced
- pinches of salt
- cayenne pepper
- 10 toothpicks
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Lightly cook bacon. Allow to cool, wrap slices around scallops; use toothpicks to secure. Saute scallops in sesame oil & 2 oz butter, over moderate heat, 2-3 min per side.
For Sauce: combine egg yokes and remaining 6 oz butter in a skillet. whip vigorously until desired consistently. Slowly whip in seasonings and white wine vinegar. Add red bell pepper.
Top scallops with sauce and serve.
You'll also love
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (242 Votes)
- Clam chowder 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Mexican Bean Salad 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Dip 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mayonnaise chocolate cake 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Ham and egg quesadilla 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Bacon wrapped Jalapeno 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Chipotle Mushroom Runsas 4/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!