Delicious Broccoli and Sunflower Seed Salad
My mom makes this salad often throughout the year, and its delicious! It's a big hit with family and friends!
The Gourmandize Team
A wonderful fresh summer salad that is greatly satisfying! Try it out at your next barbeque to impress your guests!
Rate this recipe 3.9/5 (30 Votes)
- 3 large stalks broccoli, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions (or use onion powder to taste)
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 C. sunflower seeds
- 1 C. sliced almonds or coarsley chopped peans
- 1C. seedless raisins
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Mix chopped broccoli stalks and flowerets, chopped onion and fried, small cut pieces of bacon into a bowl.
Toss with dressing: 1-1/2 C. mayo or salad dressing, 3 T. vinegar (go slow on this. 3 T. is too strong for my family's tastes), 3/8 C. sugar. Chill well before serving
You'll also love
- Kumpa 3.9/5 (44 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken salad with grapes 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Irish Potatoes 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamy New England Style Cheesy... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Slovak Potato Salad 3.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Donas Amélias 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Bacon wraps 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.
Review this recipe