Potato Balls - Norweigan
Kumpa. Discover our recipe.
- 5 Pounds White Potaoes
- 1 to 1 1/2 Pounds of Cubed Pork
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Thyme or 2 Tbl Dried Thyme
- 2 Cups Oatmeal
- 3 to 4 Cups Flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Peel and grate potatoes. Cube pork. Boil water with bundle of thyme.
Wring out grated potatoes with your hand and keep juice in separate pot. Separate water of juice from starch. Discard water, keep starch. Add grated potatoes in starch. Add 2 cups of oatmeal to potatoes. Add flour a little at a time mixing like dough, using enough to hold potatoes together.
Shape potatoes into balls. Place 10 to 12 pieces of cubed pork into middle of ball. Place each ball into boiling water. Bring to boil and remove thyme. Cook 30 to 45 minutes.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Soup 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- easy Honey walnut Shrimp 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Balsamic Ribs 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Bone in Ham 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Potato Dumpling 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Hungarian Fried Cabbage and... 3.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Lefsa 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.
Review this recipe