Skrei Cod Carpaccio
A delicious carpaccio recipe using phenomenal Skrei cod from Norway.
Skrei Cod Carpaccio. Discover our recipe.
- 500g Norwegian Skrei cod
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime or 1 kaffir lime
- 250g of red fruit juice
- 4 sheets of gelatin
- 1 small box of raspberries
- 1 small box of blueberries
- 50g olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Fruit jelly with lemon:
Heat the fruit juice with the (kaffir) lime zest.
Strain the juice, then reheat it and add the gelatin that you have pre-soaked.
Mix and then pour onto a baking sheet lined with cling film. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
When the jelly is hard, cut it into small cubes.
To prepare the Skrei:
Mix the lime juice with the olive oil and the pepper in order to make a marinade. Cut the raw Norwegian Skrei into thin slices. Assemble in a circular mound on your plate and keep in a cool place.
Season the Skrei cod carpaccio with the marinade. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Add the cubes of kaffir lime jelly, or lime wedges if you prefer.
Decorate with berries and some lime zest.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Green apple and prosciutto salsa... 4.4/5 (95 Votes)
- Sole Medallion with foie gras 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Shrimp Ceviche 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
- Kumpa 4/5 (38 Votes)
- Scallop Carpaccio 4/5 (51 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.