Sole Medallion with foie gras
By Gilles Goess Hostellerie La Briqueterie, France
- - 3 soles fillets about 1 lb each
- - 2 lbs of potatoes fingerling
- - 2/3 cup butter
- - 1 oz truffle
- - 3.5 oz of foie gras
- - Scant 1 cup veal stock
- - Scant 1 cup fish stock
- - 3/4 cup shallots
- - 3/4 cup mushroom
- - 3/4 cup of port
- - Salt
- - Freshly ground pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preparation of sole: - Fillet of sole, beat well, season with salt and pepper, lay thin slices of foie gras on top and roll.
Preparation of potatoes: - Peel, wash and cut potatoes into pieces and put them to cook in a pan of salted water for about 15 minutes. - After this time drain and mash the potatoes using a fork, then gradually add the butter, stirring gently, add the chopped truffle and then adjust the seasoning.
To make sauce: - Put in a small saucepan shallots, mushrooms (washed and sliced) with a little butter and sweat to get a slight blonde color.
- Add the port and let reduce by half, then put the fish stock by reducing. Also add the veal stock and simmer gently.
- After cooking strain the sauce through a chinois and add seasoning, then thicken slightly in butter. - Reserve the sauce serve hot.
You'll also love
- Low Fat Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Granny's Potato Salad 4.6/5 (84 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Tunisian Octopus Salad 2.9/5 (204 Votes)
- Squid Provencal 3.4/5 (198 Votes)
- Frog legs with Riesling 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Tilaphia with rice and tomatoes 3.6/5 (118 Votes)
- Side- Tartar sauce 5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!