Classic Bagel and Lox
This beloved deli sandwich is a classic for a reason.
Savory smoked salmon combines perfectly with rich cream cheese, briny capers, crispy red onions and fresh dill, for a sandwich that is uniquely flavorful and satisfying. While it's usually served open-faced, we like to enjoy it with both bagel halves.
- 4 everything bagels, sliced in half and toasted
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 16-20 small pieces of lox
- 4 tsp capers
- 4 tsp finely diced red onion
- 2 tsp fresh dill
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Evenly spread the cream cheese across each bottom bagel half.
Top with about 4-5 slices of lox per bagel.
Top each bagel with 1 tsp capers, 1 tsp red onion and 1/2 tsp fresh dill.
You'll also love
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (237 Votes)
- We LOVE this Tuna Casserole recipe! 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- better than sex chicken 4.6/5 (66 Votes)
- Berry Blue Freeze 4.5/5 (85 Votes)
- 2 by 2 Grilled Cheese and Egg... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Paleo Taco Soup 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Green apple and prosciutto salsa... 4.3/5 (103 Votes)
- Bagel Pizza 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.