Paleo Taco Soup
A flavorful and easy taco soup that is totally Paleo. After you chop the veggies and brown the ground beef, the slow cooker does the rest of the work for you!
If you're on the lookout for new, creative Paleo recipes, then you've come to the right place! This taco soup makes a delicious weeknight dinner!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 red onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 4 ounce can of fire roasted green chilles
- 4 diced medium tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 360mins
Cost Average budget
In a big pan, brown the ground beef.
Remove any excess fat and, once the meat is cooked, add to the crockpot.
Add all of the other ingredients, cook for 6 hours minimum on low heat.
Avocado and cilantro make great toppings for this soup.
You can substitute canned tomatoes in this recipe if you don't have fresh tomatoes on hand.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.2/5 (240 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.7/5 (189 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Rabbit stew 4.7/5 (89 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.