Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Rate this recipe 4/5 (21 Votes)
- 1 package of beef cubes (approx. 1- 2 lbs)
- 1 large bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 package of beef stew seasoning
- Cup of flour
- Turn slow cooker onto high 6 hours
- Fill with water to half way
- Peel and cube potatoes
- Add raw beef cubes, potatoes, vegetables and seasoning mix
- Cover and cook for 6 hours
- Add 1 cup flour to slow cooker
- Mix thoroughly and Cover
- Stirring frequently until thickness is to your liking
- Serve warm
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 360mins
Cost Average budget
I serve with cornbread muffins.
You'll also love
- Potato and Leek Soup with Spinach 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Kaurma 4/5 (44 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- steak anchovy 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow cooker Oatmeal 4/5 (61 Votes)
- Sukiyaki 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Pork Stew 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef Stew 4/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe