- Stew beef cubes or beef roast
- diced into small pieces
- Diced onions
- Diced sweet potatoes
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped celery
- Canned peas
- Beef stock
- Seasoning salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Toss the stew beef cubes or diced pot roast in salt and pepper. Brown them in a hot frying pan. Put them and the juices from cooking into your slow cooker.
Put the diced onions, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, and peas in the slow cooker. Pour in the beef stock and add water until the stew reaches the top of the slow cooker.
Turn on high for a 2-3 hours, or low for 6 hours until sweet potatoes are soft. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and lemon until the stew is the desired taste.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.