Yummy soup, perfect for those cold winter evenings.
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 gallon water
- 2 lbs cooked steak or ground beef, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 package mixed veggies
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 tbs pepper
- 2 tbs beef boullion
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Melt butter in a soup pot, whisk in flour to make a paste. Add water and whisk until fully blended.
Add all other ingredients and simmer until veggies are tender.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.