Beef and Mint Salad
- 10oz beef rump steak
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 6 tablespoons grape seed oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Sear the rump steak in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side. Deglaze with the soy sauce.
Let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into thin slices.
Wash the radishes, lettuce leaves and mint.
Cut the radishes into thin slices.
Prepare a salad dressing by mixing the grape seed oil with the mustard and a dash of soy sauce.
Place the lettuce and mint leaves in 4 large, deep plates.
Add the radishes and the beef, and then top with the dressing.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.