Beef and Mint Salad
- 10oz beef rump steak
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 6 tablespoons grape seed oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Sear the rump steak in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side. Deglaze with the soy sauce.
Let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into thin slices.
Wash the radishes, lettuce leaves and mint.
Cut the radishes into thin slices.
Prepare a salad dressing by mixing the grape seed oil with the mustard and a dash of soy sauce.
Place the lettuce and mint leaves in 4 large, deep plates.
Add the radishes and the beef, and then top with the dressing.
You'll also love
- Provencal Mackerel 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes 4/5 (10 Votes)
- hot dog chili 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Ramen Stir Fry 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Brocoli Salad 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Oriental Salad 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Mami 4/5 (7 Votes)
- LESS MEAT AND LOTSA VEGETABLES... 4/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe