- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped red pepper
- taco seasoning to taste
- 2 cups salsa or more
- 1 can black beans
- grated cheese
- 10 or more tortillas
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
cook meat, onion and peppers with taco seasoning
add 1 generous cup salsa and all the beans and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
some salsa on the bottom of a 9x13 dish
spoon1/2 cup or more of mixture on each tortilla, rolling and placing each seam-side down in dish.
spoon 3/4 cup salsa over filled tortillas and cover with foil
bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (until heated through)
uncover, sprinkle cheese and bake an additional 3 minutes to melt.
Sprinkle everything with cilantro if you want. And heating the tortillas a little helps when filling them... SO good with guacamole!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.