30 taco fillings you won't believe you never tried before
We scoured the food blogs, and here we bring you 30 taco fillings that are out of this world. Trust us, you'll be craving tacos after this.
1/30 View slideshow
©Keep the Peas
Cactus and roasted poblano tacos
These are the 2 ingredients your homemade tacos have been missing so far: rajas poblanas and nopal cactus. Here's a recipe that uses both of them in an authentic preparation, plus there's cashew chipotle and salsa verde in the topping. Yum! Forget the gringo versions for a change. Here's one Mexican recipe you quickly need to save in your cookbook.
More steaming articles
10 foods for a brighter smile 8 hacks to save water when you're... The 10 best fruits for your figure
Chef Tips and Tricks
Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Comment on this article