Moms Beef Tacos
By maryjo young
Yummy beef tacks on soft or hard shells.
- Soft or hard tortillia shells
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa and sour cream
- taco seasoning mix and taco sauce (mild) .
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cook ground beef in large frying pan. Drain any liquid when finished.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over ground beef and add 1/2 cup of water. Stir well cook on low untill mix is hearty or thickened. Set aside.
Chop up all veggies and place them all in seperate dishes and set aside.
Warm taco shells either in microwave or oven.
Make tacks to your own personal liking (everyone likes them different)
Serve with salsa, sour cream and taco sauce.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.