- 10 Small Flour Tortillas
- 2C Cheese (Cheddar or Mexican Blend)
- 8oz Black Olives Sliced
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1pkt Taco Seasoning
- Taco Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat Oven to 350.
Heat oil in your deep fryer. You may use a pot of oil if you don't have a fryer.
Cut your tortillas into 8th's. Drop into hot oil a few at at time. You don't want to overcrowd the oil. When they start to turn brown, flip them over. When brown on both sides, remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain and continue making the rest of the chips in the same manner. Sprinkle with salt.
Brown your ground beef and onion in a skillet. Add the taco seasoning and some water and set aside.
Take half of the chips and start to build your first pile of nachos. Start with a handful of the chips, lay them flat on the cookie sheet. Cover with cheese, olives, meat, drizzle with taco sauce, then more chips and repeat until you run out of chips. Top with Cheese again. Repeat the process on the other end of the cookie sheet with the remaining half of the chips. You should have 2 mounds of nachos.
Pop into oven until all cheese has melted. Remove and slide each nacho pile onto plates. Sprinkle with the shredded lettuce. Serve with Guacamole, Sour Cream and Salsa.
This can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish.
You'll also love
- Tuna Ball 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Fried Mozzarella Balls 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Excellent Enchiladas 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Mexican Lasagna 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Fajitas 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Texas Nachos 4/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!
Review this recipe