- 1 packet ready made nachos
- 40 grams processed cheese
- a few fresh lollo rosso leaves
- a dollop sour cream
- for cajun spice
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- for bean sauce
- 1/2 cup whole black gram with skin soaked
- 1/2 cup kidney beans soaked
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into dices
- 1 stalk celery roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- for pico de gallo (salsa)
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp sliced jalapenos
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- for wing sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tabasco sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1) to make cajun spice
combine cumin powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika powder, crushed peppercorns, castor sugar, salt and dried thyme in a bowl and mix well.
2) to make bean sauce
heat a non stick pan. add black gram, kidney beans, 1 tbsp cajun spice, carrot, celery and 1 cup water. cook till the beans and gram are done but not mashy.
then add butter in bean sauce and mix well till it melts
3) to make salsa
combine onion, tomato, jalapenos, salt, crushed mari, 1 tbsp cajun spice, tomato juice and chopped coriander in a bowl and mix well. Add tobasco sauce and lemon juice and mix again.
4) to make wing sauce
combine butter, tomato sauce and tabasco sauce in a microwave safe bowl. Place bowl in microwave and heat for 10-20 seconds. Remove from heat and whisk well into a mixture.
5) divide nachos into 2 bowls, grate 20 grams cheese in each bowl. drizzle some wing sauce equally in each bowl and heat in microwave till cheese melts.
6) place one layer of cheese nachos on a large serving plate. pour bean sauce on cheese nacho followed by wing sauce and salsa. place another layer of cheese nachos on top and repeat the procedure with the sauce and salsa.
7) shred lollo leaves and place on the nachos put a dollop of sour cream on top sprinkle little cajun spice on top and serve immediately.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.