Entertaining hacks: Thrill your guests with this pesto puff pastry tree
By Stephanie Holmes, 04/07/2015
Puff pastry, some pesto and a little creativity will wow your party guests in the form of this festive, edible tree! Here's the full recipe.
1/14 View slideshow
Puff pastry tree
More steaming articles
How to make a delicious, gluten-free... 10 steps to Asian salad bliss How to make jelly donuts from scratch...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Duck Breast Pastry Pockets
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!