Entertaining hacks: Thrill your guests with this pesto puff pastry tree
Puff pastry, some pesto and a little creativity will wow your party guests in the form of this festive, edible tree! Here's the full recipe.
1/14 View slideshow
Puff pastry tree
More steaming articles
10 steps to Asian salad bliss How to make mini asparagus and Parmesan... How to make mashed potatoes with a...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Duck Breast Pastry Pockets
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!