homemade italian pesto
Homemade italian pesto. Discover our recipe.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 medium sized fresh garlic cloves
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor.
Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
Slowly add the extra virgin olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serve with pasta, or on sandwiches, makes one cup.enjoy!
You'll also love
- Homemade Mayonnaise 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Terrine of chicken with pesto 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- pesto cubes from the garden 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab cakes and homemade ketchup 3.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- PotatoCornSpinach Gravy 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pesto pasta 2.7/5 (5 Votes)
- Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto 2.3/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!