Terrine of chicken with pesto
By Nanoud , blog On dine chez Nanou
- 1 1/3 lb chicken breast
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 2/3 gr of grated parmesan
- scant 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 jar of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 balls of mozzarella di bufala
- 16 slices of ham
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut chicken breasts into thin slices, salt and pepper. Fry in a tablespoon of olive oil for 10 minutes. Reserve on absorbent paper. Roast pine nuts dry (without fat) for 5 minutes in a pan, let cool. Mix the basil, Parmesan and pine nuts and 4 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix a tablespoon of pesto with the remaining olive oil and vinegar, for serving and reserve. Drain sun-dried tomatoes and cut into strips. Cut the mozzarella into slices not too thick.
Start with a layer of ham. Alternate mozzarella, pesto, chicken, tomatoes. Repeat with a 2nd layer of ham over filling. Weight down with a board for 24 hours in a cool place. Serve with vinegar and pesto salad.
You'll also love
- Monkfish Terrine 3.4/5 (267 Votes)
- Ham Terrine with Zucchini 3.2/5 (201 Votes)
- Cheesy Spirals 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Mozzarella and Spinach Quiche 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Wild Rice and Broccoli Cassarole 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Chicken and... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks 4.7/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.