Cauliflower with Smoked Ham Petals
By Florie-Anne Trolio
- 1 lb cauliflower + 6 florets
- 12 thin slices of smoked ham
- 3 eggs
- scant cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
Cut the cauliflower, wash and cook in plenty of salted water. Drain, reserving 6 small florets. Butter 6 ramekins. Top with 2 slices of ham, press ham down into ramekin. Refrigerate.
Pour remaining cauliflower into the blender. Add sour cream, eggs. Mix. Then add flour, Parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix until smooth.
Fill the prepared ramekins and with puree and top with reserved floret. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Check doneness using a knife. Let cool one minute and then gently unmold.
You'll also love
- BREADED PORK CHOPS WITH VEGETABLES 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Ham and Olive Bread 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Hot Clam Dip 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Dad's Split Pea with Ham Soup 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Protein Bread 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Breads- Sour Cream Croissants 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!