Breads- Sour Cream Croissants
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125g butter
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250ml sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Sift dry ingredients together.
Rub butter in to resemble crumbs.
Add sour cream to form a soft pliable dough.
Divide dough into 6 portions.
Roll each portion into a big circle and cut into 8 slices.
Filling can be added
Roll up each dough from the large end into a swirl.
Brush the tops egg melter butter.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Bake at 325• for 20 minutes.
Makes 48 mini croissants.
Add filling for an extra kick, or try rolling the dough in a different shape!!
You'll also love
- Foraged Henbit Pancakes 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pecan Fingers 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Breakfast Omelet Muffins 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Amazing Homemade Waffles 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- My Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Cheese and Walnuts 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Twisted Croissants 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- chocolaté croissants 3.7/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!