Vanilla Peach Butter
Vanilla Peach Butter. Discover our recipe.
- 6 pounds ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and quartered
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 whole vanilla bean, halved and scraped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp, honey
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large stainless steel pot, combine peach quarters and water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally until the peaches are soft (approx. 15 minutes).
Working in two separate batches, transfer peach mixture to a food processor or blender and puree just until a smooth texture is achieved — do not liquefy. This should yield 6 – 8 cups of peach puree.
Return the puree to the pot and stir in lemon juice, sugar, honey, salt, vanilla bean scrapings, and scraped vanilla pods. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring frequently to prevent sticking and burning until the mixture thickens and will hold its shape on a spoon, roughly 20 minutes.
When thickened, remove vanilla pods, then ladle the hot butter into jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rim, and tighten lids. Completely submerge jars in water bath filled with warm water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove jars, cool and store.
Spoon over toast and cream cheese and enjoy!!
You'll also love
- Foraged Henbit Pancakes 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Creme Brulee 4/5 (37 Votes)
- Kale Chips 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Dehydrator dried Apples & Cinnamon 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Raspberry Ricotta Cheesecake 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- MEXICAN WEDDING CAKE COOKIES 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Me Me's White Butter Icing 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Vanilla French toast 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?