MEXICAN WEDDING CAKE COOKIES
These are a favorite of my mom's.
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup candied berries
- 1/2 cup chocolate, melted
- Powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Combine flour, sugar, and pecans. Combine wet ingredients. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Roll dough into golf balls. Press your thumb down in the center of ball. Fill center with berries. Close ball and roll smooth.
Preheat oven 350*F. Bake 20 minutes. Cool enough to roll in powdered sugar.
Cool completely. Dip in chocolate. Refrigerate when done.
You'll also love
- Crispy BBQ Tofu 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Chocolate Dreams 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Date Fingers 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Chow Mein Cookies 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Grandma's Butter Cookies 4/5 (24 Votes)
- mexican pie 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Cucumber Tomato Salad 4/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe