Cucumber Tomato Salad
This is a fresh tasting salad that is simple to make. It is one of my husband's favorite recipes. He is always asking for it.
- 3 hot house tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 3 green onions
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp mixed pepper
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, and green onions.
Mix together dressing ingredients.
Toss together vegetables and dressing. Refrigerate over night to get more developed flavors.
You'll also love
- Cutie Citrus Crush 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Salmon Casserole 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Apple Feta Cheese Crumble Salad 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Warm Spinach Salad 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Gin 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Microwave potato chips 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cucumbers in Sour cream 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!