VEGAN CRAB LIKE CAKES
I used to love crab cakes as a child, but I don't eat animals and haven't for many years, so I came up with this dish.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 celery stick
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapenos
- 1 pkg extra firm Indian tofu
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup wheat gluten
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 sheets Nori seaweed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Nayonnaise
- Breadcrumbs for rolling
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Saute vegetables until caramelized. Cool.
Combine all ingredients. Shape into patties. Roll in breadcrumbs.
Preheat oven 350*F. Lay patties on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes on each side. Cook until brown.
Mix 1/2 cup Nayonnaise with 1 tbsp or more horseradish for a zesty dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- VEGAN NUTMEG PANCAKES WITH VEGGIE... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Old Fashion Popovers 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Vegetarian Bacon Cheddar Waffles 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamy Crab Lettuce Wraps with... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chive Breakfast Tofu 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Banana Bread for Busy Mom's 4.5/5 (5 Votes)
- Red Velvet cake 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!