Fresh Salsa Pasta Salad
- -1/2 box pasta, cooked
- -1 red pepper, roasted and diced
- -1 green pepper roasted and diced
- -1 tomato, diced
- -1/2 bag of corn
- -2 cups tortilla strips
- -1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- -1/2 cup ranch dressing + 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from vegetarianandcooking.blogspot.com
Cook the pasta according to package directions, it's best to use a small shape.
While the pasta is cooking, mix together the ranch dressing with the adobo sauce. If you would like some additional heat, dice up a few of the chipotle peppers and stir them into the dressing.
Drain the pasta and then mix the pasta, dressing and vegetables together.
If desired, top individual servings with tortilla strips and/or cheese.
For instructions on roasting the peppers: http://vegetarianandcooking.blogspot.com/2012/09/roasted-red-pepper-tortellini.html
Store the leftover pasta salad in the fridge.
You can buy adobo sauce (with chipotle peppers) in the Mexican/Spanish food aisle of your grocery store.
You'll also love
- Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Yucca Flower Potato Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- CHEESY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Lasagne 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Kids Fave Mac And Cheese 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Dad's Potato Salad 3.9/5 (116 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?