CHEESY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
My mom used to make this casserole every thanksgiving.
- 7 mushrooms, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lg log of goat cheese
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups French fried onions
- 3 cans green beans, drained
- 1 md block old cheddar cheese, shredded
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic until caramelized.
Stir in goat cheese until melted. Add all ingredients except French fried onions.
Transfer to a large casserole dish that's greased. Top with French fried onions.
Bake 20 minutes at 350*F.
You'll also love
- Hot Cheese Bread 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chive Breakfast Tofu 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ragi Pakoda 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Green Bean Soup 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Vanilla Pecan Pie 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Summer Vegetable Gratin 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Delicious Red Pepper Pecan Cheese... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Green Bean Salad with Goats Cheese 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!