Delicious south indian snack made with Ragi flour, onions and green chilies.
Ragi is nothing but Finger Millet grain.
- ragi flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
- Onion - 1 small
- green chilies - 2
- jeera - 1 tea spoon
- Perungayam /hing - a pinch
- salt - as per taste
- curry leaves - a few
- Oil- to fry pakodas
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
1. Cut onion, green chilies and curry leaves into small pieces.
2. .Add onions and chilies with ragi flour and mix well.
3. Mix salt, hing and jeera with 1/4 cup of water and add this in flour little by little and mix well with hands.you may need another 2 or 3 spoons of water to have a soft dough.
4. When the dough is blended well, and able to pinch without breaking, then it is ready to fry.
5. Heat oil in kadai, and fry the pakodas.
6.Drain in tissue and Serve with your favorite hot beverage or enjoy as it is.
1.Do not add more water while making the dough, which will observe more oil then.
2. While frying, if you feel the dough is getting dried, just wet your hand and mix the dough before you fry the next, do not spray water in it.
3.Just pinch a small portion of dough and fry it. do not press too much.
4. The more onions you add, you likely get more taste.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.