50 Awesome Ways to Eat Artichokes
Whether they're marinated in a jar or fresh from the garden, artichokes can make almost any meal better! Here are 50 fun ways to eat them.
© The Italian Dish
Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Leeks
In this incredible recipe artichoke halves are first baked in chicken broth, then stuffed with sauteed leeks, garlic, cheese, and breadcrumbs, then baked again. A hearty vegetarian dinner that's both delicious and beautiful!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!