50 Awesome Ways to Eat Artichokes
© What's Gaby Cooking
Baby Artichokes with Garlic and Pancetta
Baby artichokes are an easy introduction into the wide world of artichokes because they're easier to trim and more tender than their full-sized counterparts. They also cook much more quickly, making them a great weeknight option. This recipe pan-fries them with garlic and pancetta until the edges are crisp and golden!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!