Vegan Spicy Shrimp
I always used to order this from Loving Hut until they discontinued it. I decided it had to be simple enough to make at home so I played with spices until I came up with something similar.
- 1 celery, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 lg spicy pepper, chopped
- 2 banana peppers, chopped
- 2 Thai chilies, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 10 shitake mushrooms
- 1 pkg vegan breaded shrimp
- 2 tbdp spicy pepper blend seasoning
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Bread mushrooms and deep fry until golden brown. Fry shrimp until golden brown.
For vegetables, grill until cooked to get a smokier flavor or pan fry until start to soften.
Toss all ingredients together. Cook 1 minute.
You'll also love
- VEGAN NUTMEG PANCAKES WITH VEGGIE... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Chicken Fajitas 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Onion-cheese cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Yassa zucchini 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Rice Flour Streusal Topping 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Milagai podi(variation) 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!