15 Satisfying BBQ Recipes That Are 100% Vegetarian
Why should meat-eaters get all the fun at a cookout? These recipes prove that BBQs can also be vegetarian-friendly.
© Blissful Basil
Juicy Portobello Burgers with Vegan Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions
Thick Portobello mushrooms cooked on the grill make for absolutely delicious patties in this meat-free burger recipe. Combined with a clever "blue cheese" sauce and caramelized onion, they are also totally vegan. Get the full recipe here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!