Amelia's Potato Pancakes/Latkas
Amelia's Potato Pancakes/Latkas. Discover our recipe.
- 6 Cup large potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Using medium grater, grate potatoes. Drain very well
In large bowl, combine grated potato with onion, egg, flour, salt, and peppe; mix gently
Add oil to large heavy skillet. Heat slowly until hot
For each pancake, drop 2 tablespoons potato mixture into hot fat. With spatula, flatten to a 4-inch pancake. Fry 2 or 3 minutes on each side until brown
Drain well on paper towels. Serve hot with sour cream or applesauce
You'll also love
- Jewish Apple Cake 4.3/5 (99 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Pomme Mousseline 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Egg omelette curry 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sweet Tomato Chutney 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Sausage Gravy 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Bolinho De Chuva 3.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Gluten Free Shrimp 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Parmesan Potatoes 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ready to try these quick and tasty smashed potato cakes?
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Sour cream
- Boil and drain the potatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with parsley, minced garlic, cilantro, shredded cheese and milk.
- Mash the mixture thoroughly.
- Shape into palm-sized balls, then flatten on a sheet pan
- Put in oven for 20 min at 355° F
- Layer, spreading generously with sour cream
- Garnish, and enjoy!