Jewish Apple Cake
- 3 Cups Unsifted all Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice diluted concentrate
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 6 Thinly Sliced Apples
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbl Sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 150mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Beat all ingredients except for apples, cinnamon and sugar. In separate bowl mix apples, cinnamon and sugar.
Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan. Alternate layers of batter and apples, starting with batter ending with apples.
Bake at 350 for 2 hours.
Place a pan of water on rack below Jewish Apple Cake to keep moist during baking. Serve with Cool Whip or Vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
- Maxx O' Pumpkin 3.6/5 (192 Votes)
- Berry Blue Freeze 4.5/5 (78 Votes)
- Low Cal Apple Crisp 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.7/5 (56 Votes)
- Buttercream Carrot Cake Icing 4.2/5 (85 Votes)
- Puff Pastry Apple or Pear Tart 4.1/5 (90 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Banana Bread 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Apple Knobby Cake (Mrs. Cheney's... 3.1/5 (160 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.