By carman 32
Yummy homemade candy. Great for holidays or gifts
- 1pkg oreo cookies, 1 8oz pkg cream cheese softened , 1 8.oz pkg of bakers chocolate
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Separate 15 of the cookies set aside top of cookies.crush for later
Crush remaining cookies mix with cream cheese
Roll cookie mixture into 1 inch balls
Melt bakers chocolate, roll each ball in melted chocolate
Sprinkle each one with crushed cookies from earlier
Set in refrigerator to cool atleast 1 hr
You'll also love
- Creme De'Mint Brownies 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Me Me's White Butter Icing 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Veggie Pizza Squares 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramel Brownies 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Baby Greens salad with Quail Egg 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Homemade Hot Chocolate 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Cookies and Creme Rice Krispy 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.