Baby Greens salad with Quail Egg
a light salad with an elegant truffle vinaigrette
- pinch of micro greens
- 2 cups spring mix
- 1 pint baby tomatoes
- 1 block chevre
- 2 radishes
- 6 quail eggs
- 1 cup toasted cashews
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/8c white wine vinegar
- tbsp tarragon
- 1 shallot
- tbsp mustard
- tbsp lemon juice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 5mins
boil water for the quail eggs
preheat oven to 350 for the cashews
slice baby tomatoes, radishes and break up chevre for the salad, set aside.
blend oils, vinegars, tarragon, diced shallot, mustard and lemon juice until emulsified. Slowly add oil to ensure emulsification.
Mix the greens with just a touch of dressing and mix with your fingers to judge the coverage of the leaves, it should be very light.
Top with vegetables, cashews and quail egg.
You'll also love
- Falafel Wraps 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Sour Cream and Chive Chops 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Tuna and Bean Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with celery and... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Broccoli Bacon Cheese Salad 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Truffle Oil Vinaigrette 4/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!