Middle Eastern Beef Tangine
This Moroccan dinner can be done with ingredients you can find in the kitchen cabinet. Its husband-friendly and finger-lickin' good.
- 1. 3 lbs of beef
- 2. 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3. 2 tsps of cinnamon (ground)
- 4. Sea salt to taste
- 5. Box of Raisins (mixed preferred)
- 6. 1 cup of chopped apples
- 7. 2 bay leaves
- 8. 1 cup of Orange juice
- 9. 1 box of pre-cooked Couscous (Near East brand is the easiest to make)
- 10. 3 tsps of honey
- 11. Olive oil for frying
- 12. Curry spice (1 tbsp)
- 13. Beef broth
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the beef in a pre-heated skillet (make sure the pan is hot and oil is bubbling before you place the beef inside).
Add the juices first, then the honey, and then the rest of the ingredients all at once, except for the apples and the broth. Let the spices and juices settle in and give an aroma for about 5 mins prior to adding them)
Add the apples and the broth and close the lid on the pot. Reduce the heat from medium high down to medium-low.
Prepare the packaged Couscous rice.
Serve the couscous with the beef on top, with apples included.
You'll also love
- Apple & Prosciutto Delite 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Homestyle Apple Sandwich 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Inside-out Beef Wellington Bites 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Moroccan Lamb with Cherries 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Beef Kebabs with Cheese 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Tagine of lamb chops with... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Moroccan Lamb Kebabs 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Matbucha 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.