Tagine of lamb chops with vegetables
By Souza , blog : My secret garden
- 3 onions
- 4 sides of lamb
- 4 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 pepper
- 3 medium potatoes
- Spices (to taste)
- black pepper
- a pinch of dried rosemary
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Sauté the onions in olive oil, add spices and meat, allow 10 minutes for browning. Add a glass of water and vegetables.
Bake for 30 minutes while watching, so to add water when needed. The water level must not exceed the vegetables, as in the photo.
After 30 minutes, test the doneness of meat. If this is done, you serve hot, I always put a little olive oil in the tagine before serving.
You'll also love
- Middle Eastern Beef Tangine 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Bacon, tomato & avocado pasta salad 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Salsa 4/5 (43 Votes)
- My Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Jalapeno, Mint Jelly for Lamb 4/5 (37 Votes)
- Pepper Steak 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Lamb Stew 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.