Lamb chops and carrots with orange
- 4 lamb chops
- 6 large carrots
- 1 tomato
- 1 3/4 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp veal stock,
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- sprig of rosemary
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Carrot with Orange: Peel carrots, cut into strips. put carrots in a skillet, cover with water, add the orange juice and a knob of butter, salt and pepper. cook until liquid has evaporated cook an additional 2/3 minutes without browning.
Tomato confit: Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Bake in a hot oven about 10 minutes.
Cooking lamb: Coat the lamb chops with olive oil, then cook in a hot pan.
Remove lamb, add a glass of water, veal stock and rosemary to the pan, reduce until liquid is thickened.
Dressing the dish: Place carrots in bottom of plate, place the ribs on overlapping carrots, pour sauce over meat and garnish the plate with the quarter-tomato confit! Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Veal meatloaf with tomato confit... 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Tagine of lamb chops with... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Tomato Biscuits 3.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Indian Carrot Salad 3.1/5 (266 Votes)
- Penne with Vodka Sauce 2.8/5 (128 Votes)
- Carrot salad with mint 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Rosemary & Thyme... 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes 2.6/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.