Sweet Potato-Tomato Biscuits
Tasty vegan biscuits fit for any meal!
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (veggie
- or canola)
- vegetable stock (as needed)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix dry ingredients together - add any herbs that you like!
Mix in the oil.
Mix in the sweet potato and tomatoes. Add vegetable stock as needed until everything is moist.
Knead on a floured board until soft and no longer stick. Roll out with a rolling pin and cut into whatever shapes wanted.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!