Sweet Potato-Tomato Biscuits
Tasty vegan biscuits fit for any meal!
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (veggie, olive, or canola)
- vegetable stock (as needed)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix dry ingredients together - add any herbs that you like!
Mix in the oil.
Mix in the sweet potato and tomatoes. Add vegetable stock as needed until everything is moist.
Knead on a floured board until soft and no longer stick. Roll out with a rolling pin and cut into whatever shapes wanted.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned.
You'll also love
- Penne with Vodka Sauce 2.8/5 (124 Votes)
- Vegan Fried Steaks 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Indian Carrot Salad 3.1/5 (259 Votes)
- Mom's Spinach Salad 2.7/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan/Gluten Free Raw Dark... 3/5 (30 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Soft Broiled Scallops with Truffle... 3/5 (25 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Puree for Babies 3/5 (38 Votes)
- Vegan/ Gluten Free Raw Lime Mousse... 3/5 (33 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!