Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes
Noodles with chicken breast in a creamy tomato basil sauce.
- 8 oz. pasta spaghetti or linguine
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 - 3 tbsp. veg. oil
- 1 sm. onion finely chopped
- 1 can (14oz.) petite tomatoes drained
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. half and half
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Cook pasta as directed.Mix basil,garlic powder,and rosemary in bowl.Reserve 2 tsp.Stir 2 tbsp.flour into remaining mixture.
Coat chicken with this floured/seasoned mixture and fry in veg. oil until done.Remove but keep warm.Discard any remaining flour/seasoning mixture.
In skillet add 1 tbsp.veg. oil over md. heat add onions cook 3 min.until softened.Stir in 1 tbsp. flour ,tomatoes,stock,and reserved seasoning.
Bring to a boil.Simmer about 5 min.Stir in half and half.Return chicken to skillet.Heat threw.Serve over pasta.
You'll also love
- The ultimate best Baked Chicken 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Stuffed cantaloni 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Butter Chicken 2.9/5 (40 Votes)
- Peanut butter spaghetti 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Moms Spaghetti Sauce 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tomato and Tapenade Verrines 2.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Spaghetti sauce 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary... 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe