Tomato and Tapenade Verrines
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 lb tomatoes confit (homemade or store bought
- 2 tbsp. chopped green tapenade
- 3 sprigs of basil
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon. tablespoons of lemon juice
- olive oil, salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Finely chop the tomatoes confit, sprinkle them with a drizzle of olive oil and place them in the refrigerator.
- Wash and cut fresh tomatoes into small pieces. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Then add the finely chopped basil leaves and mix
- Whip the sour cream with lemon juice, a little oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove the finely chopped tomatoes from the refrigerator and sprinkle the bottom of each glass
- Cover with a thin layer of green tapenade and then a layer of fresh tomatoes
- Spread sour cream on top and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Ricotta- Candied Chesnuts,... 3.5/5 (171 Votes)
- Asparagus and Tapenade Verrine 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Taco Dip 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Mom's aloo tikian with chole... 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Macaroni and creamed tomatoes 2.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Mexican fruit 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Whole Wheat Sour Cream Pancakes 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Harvest Brew 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.