zucchini, tomatoes, and cheese verrines
By Joël Bougoin
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 jar of tomatoes confites
- salt and pepper
- black olives (for decoration)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the zucchini into small cubes and cook about 15 minutes over low heat. Drain well, pour the cooking juices and reduce everything to a puree. Reserve.
During the cooking time of zucchini, open the jar of tomatoes, drain (keep the oil to make a savory cake or flavor a sauce or salad). Cut into small cubes. Reserve.
In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and chopped chives and pepper. Pipe into glass using a pastry bag (so not to soil the edges of the glass) or use freezer bag with a cut a corner. Spread the cream cheese first, then finish with zucchini and tomatoes. Decorate with black olives.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!