Just roll with it: 10 involtini recipes you have to try
Involtini are rolled Italian appetizers, perfect for entertaining. Test out these 10 recipes, some of which you can turn into savory meals!
Carrot rolls with seasoned ricotta
Select fresh, nicely shaped carrots. Cut them in long strips using a mandoline slicer (watch out for your fingers!). Combine the ricotta with salt, pepper and cumin. Drop 1 spoonful on the end of a carrot strip. Roll it up carefully, then secure with a toothpick. Garnish with dill sprigs and keep cool in the refrigerator until serving.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.